Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I have the mouth of a fisherman's wife

It's true ... but I blame the children. Mostly.

For explain to me why "14,  I want you to empty the dishwasher and clean up the living room before I get home" in loving motherly tones doesn't work. Especially when he accepts the challenge on the phone and promises me that he will spend the not even 10 minutes making sure it gets done leaving me filled with false hope?

Instead it takes me going nuclear when I get into the house finding the kitchen a mess, the dishwasher still full, wrappers and tin cans all over the kitchen and living room, paintball gun on the sofa, electric guitar on the sofa, a pile of 25 DVDs scattered all over the floor, the sofa cushions on the floor... and the boys playing x-Box.

Then my face turns red, spins around a few times and "14 GET DOWN HERE NOW AND EMPTY THE DISHWASHER AND START CLEANING UP AND WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO SCREAM AT YOU TO GET IT DONE!" comes flying out of my otherwise civilized mouth.

Oh this summer will be the end of me.

1 comment:

  1. Parents need to have a nuclear option. They have to think you're just a little bit crazy and capable of dangerous behaviour or else they will NEVER listen to you!

    ReplyDelete