Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Science and hot flashes

40+ temperature outside + hot flashes = one very confused hot mama!

I no longer know if I'm hot because I'm in the throes of a hot flash or if it's just the damn temperature outside. Or to be honest, my blood pressure because everyone is driving me insane.

Random example of insanity running rampid in my house as exemplified in a dialogue between husband and teen:

Husband: 14, why is your lunch bag always covered in mud?

14: How should I know?

H: Because it's your lunch bag!

14: Dad, when is the house going to fall down?

H: What?

14: When is the house going to fall down? You should know because it's your house.

H: What does that have to do with your filthy lunch bag?

14: Because it's exactly the same thing!

***

I can only shake my head.

Anyway, regarding menopause (because it's much more fun talking about myself) this is how it is impacting me so far:
  • I get hot flashes but so far, keeping fingers crossed, I don't break down in a massive sweat soaking bedding and clothes ... I just get hot and at night, wake up.
  • I barely sleep. It doesn't matter if I have a glass or 3 of wine or I don't have a glass or 3 of wine, I don't sleep.
  • I am exhausted.
  • I am a bit cranky because of exhaustion.
  • My family is a little nervous.
  • Last night I might have had a massive mood swing because I became insanely angry at my undeserving* family but it could also have been because I only had 2 or 3 hours of sleep the night before and they were being unhelpful.
  • I am very appreciative of make-up but am going through foundation and concealer at an alarming rate.
Now this might have a bit to do with the fear I've inspired but 9 is being very sweet saying that I look beautiful and he loves me. If only it worked with the older ones.

* They totally deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment