Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Identity crisis

I have been trapped at home with a very sick child since Easter.

Poor 9, it's been a rough week. Started Easter Sunday with a slight sore throat - I ignored him as any mother would convinced it was caused by all the chocolate he had eaten. By Monday it was really bad and then for the rest of the week the symptoms kept changing - from sore throat to stomach to fever to head cold...

Damn Easter bunny.

Friday I returned him to school with the gentle reminder to CONTACT HIS FATHER for any reason but when I picked him up at the end of the day he was crying. His ears hurt.

WHY ME!? I screamed at the heavens. I have a new blog to update! I have spent the past week blowing off special events, working from home, catering to 9's every whim, the list is endless.

So last weekend was a bit of a bust too.

9 has been at school this week but has also been telling his friends and teachers that he's been living on pain medication since Easter, the little pill-popping junkie that he is.

Yesterday I kind of lost it, he tore his finger nail and announced that ONCE AGAIN, he would need to stay home for the rest of the week to recover.

I'm changing 9's name to Mildred.

No comments:

Post a Comment