Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March break: Day 3

The strangeness of motherhood, takes me along paths I never expect.

I taught my 14 year old son to shave what he swears is a mustache today. Most people would have thought husband would have swept in and embraced this milestone but surprisingly he didn't really care have a problem with passing it off, even if I am a woman without a facial hair problem.

So I took everything I've ever gleamed from tv commercials, made up a few extra steps, and put all that knowledge to use. And at the end, 14's upper lip was hairless and I was very proud of myself.

In an effort to not kill spend quality time with 9, we made stained glass Easter eggs. Yes he was bitter... but very proud of the end result. After craft time we biked for an hour where he mastered turns and stopped regularly to shake out his hands, the pressure of holding onto the handlebars was a bit much. 9 is a bitter drama queen, he's a bit like Terrence Stamp's character in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

God help me.



No comments:

Post a Comment